LeDucSAS wrote:Hi there, I wish to play this mod on linux too.
What must be done for the mod to 2013 SDK? What is the difficulties?
I wonder if I can help.
I thank your help offer, but porting mod code to a newer SDK requires someone that is very familiar with SDK itself and this mod in particular. Other than that it's pretty much impossible.
I'd love to offer this mod to more players but there are certain considerations to make.
1. Time. It's going to take lot of time, plus testing. As I say, this isn't a task for anyone else but me.
2. Support. I don't like the kind of support Valve offered during these years to mod teams. I don't want to spend lot of time and then discover they abandoned mod support again to focus on something else. Or there's a new and shinny SDK for Source 2 and SDK 2013 dies quickly.
3. Exposure. I have no idea what kind of exposure SDK 2013 mods may receive. If it's same until now, then this mod won't receive any because that's what happened in the previous years. A map or a hat/weapon model can be downloaded from Steam, but a whole mod can't be. Logical isn't it?
4. Greenlight. SDK 2013 is a requirement for mods to be greenlighted (I heard). Since we are light years away from being selected, a port to SDK 2013 is less necessary.
5. Linux and OSX won't bring us lot of players, it's hard to say but the gamer population isn't there yet.
So I'll just say, I need to know certain things before committing time to something that could be a gigantic waste of time